Give to Foster Children in Need With the New Secret Santa Project
In 2012, LinkNow Media’s staff chose to forego the typical holiday gift exchange in favour of donating to a local orphanage. But to our surprise, there are no orphanages in Quebec. Whenever a child is abandoned, they go straight into a foster care program. This revelation turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it led us to the Batshaw Youth and Family Centres.
The Batshaw Youth and Family Centres is a non-profit organization located here in Montreal dedicated to providing underprivileged children with the support they so desperately need
The organization offers professional psychosocial, rehabilitation and social integration services and a number of other free amenities including:
- Services related to child placement for children who suffer from neglect
- Services for abandoned children
- Support for victims of psychological, physical and sexual abuse
- Treatment for children with behavioural problems
- Family mediation
- Adoption disclosure
- Expertise on child custody
And so much more.
We knew immediately that we wanted to get involved in their work and we donated 120 gifts.
This Year’s Goal
Last year, we set out to raise $25,000 and donate 2,500 gifts. With the help of our employees, friends, families and sponsors, we were able to exceed these goals. We managed to raise $33,000 and every child in the Batshaw Youth and Family Centres’ care received a gift.
While we are proud for what we were able to accomplish for the children in need last year, we are striving to do more. Children in foster care still need our help and this year we are hoping to raise $40,000 and donate 3,000 gifts. We believe not only can we achieve this goal, but we can surpass it.
But we can’t do either without your help.
How You Can Help
There are many different things you can do to help LinkNow Media’s New Secret Santa Project achieve its goal of providing foster children with funds and gifts this holiday season. You can:
- Make a donation Whatever you can spare is more than enough. Every dollar counts.
- Buy a gift. We typically buy gifts in the $35-$50 range. The kids ask for typical things but many of them ask for practical items we take for granted. Whatever you can contribute will be much appreciated.
- Spread the word. Many hands make light work. The more people who know about the New Secret Santa Project, the easier it will be to surpass our 2017 goals. Share this page, post on social media, tell a friend.